CROUCH END NEIGHBOURHOOD FORUM
CURRENT ISSUES GROUP MEETING ON 01.02.2016 AT 7.30 PM AT THE MAYNARD ARMS PH
1. minutes of 07.12.15 (to follow) & matters arising
2. meeting with Chris Williamson
4. Kwik Fit 163 Tottenham Lane – see e-mail
5. Cross Lane development – see e-mail
6. Hornsey High St & Tottenham Lane developments – absence of masterplans
7. CIG Interim approach (attached)– Chris Mason
8. Office/commercial survey (to follow)
There’s currently a pre-application that Planning are considering for 163 Tottenham Lane (the Kwik Fit Garage). The site has attracted interest before, and on this occasion two variants are being discussed, I quote –
1. 163 Tottenham Lane N8 / The application proposes the demolition of the existing Kwik-Fit Garage and a two storey building at the rear. Erection of a five storey building for commercial and residential development. Pre-application meeting held and principle acceptable.
2. 163 Tottenham Lane N8 / The application proposes the demolition of the existing Kwik-Fit Garage and a two storey building at the rear. The erection of a part 4 and 5 storey building (with basements) for 60 mini apartments and works space on basement and ground levels. Pre-application meeting held and more information required on the type of units and living accommodation before a principle on such a proposal is established.
This means that along Tottenham Lane we will have an unbroken string of ongoing significant development – no.165 Picturehouse Cinema, no.163 Kwik Fit (perhaps 60 units), no.161 ex-Hornsey Journal (9 units, including 3 houses), no.159a Arthouse, no.159 ex-car wash (18 units and a supermarket), no.157 offices above Palace Cafe change of use to flats (2 units). Given that this all adds up to quite a large area of development, has it received the correct level of scrutiny?