Draft Consultation Plan
The purpose of this document (attached below) is to set out a process for public consultation and stakeholder engagement to inform the development of a Neighbourhood Plan for Crouch End.
This process will be inclusive, accessible, transparent and engaging to enable a robust, formal application to Haringey Borough Council Planning Department for the creation of a Neighbourhood Forum for Crouch End within the first half of 2015.
The initial focus for the consultation and engagement will be:
- The extents and boundary for the Neighbourhood Plan
- Identification of individuals, organisations and community groups willing to fulfil the requirement of 21 forum members, and an extended network of interested parties
- Key topics or themes for development and inclusion in the Neighbourhood Plan
Raising awareness in Crouch End and the surrounding area of the Crouch End Neighbourhood Forum and its intention to develop a Neighbourhood Plan is essential to ensure that people have the opportunity to get involved, and are informed about its role in helping to shape change in the area.
These communications must be easy to understand and accessible to all sections of the community both in language and media, including:
- Posters displayed and flyers left at key locations such as public buildings, shops, community centre, and noticeboards in the area
- Door-to-door flyers (although their effectiveness in relationship to cost should be considered)
- e-flyers to established mailing lists, such as local schools and community groups
- Adverts in local and council printed media
- Online media including the OpinioN8 forum, Twitter, Facebook and a more traditional website