Hornsey Town Hall neighbours definitely less than happy

What do you do if the neighbours propose to erect a block of flats in the yard? Some residents next door to Hornsey Town Hall are understandably less than content with the scale of developments.

How do you comment on a planning application?

Projects of this size often have a real, measurable, detrimental effect on local neighbours – residents who have the protection of the planning system. If the new-build blocks of flats effect their amenity, if the scale has an oppressive impact on the surrounding area, if they overshadow neighbouring property due to their height, or cause loss of sunlight, if they overlook and lead to the loss of privacy, or cause noise or disturbance, then you have the opportunity to make material objections to the planning application.

There are other considerations too – from the impact of the design on the conservation area to traffic and parking.

One local residents’ group feels the development will indeed have an unacceptably adverse impact. The Weston and Haringey Parks Residents’ Association have produced a leaflet (click image), and have posted a detailed response to the application (they have a website too).

The WHPRA residents’ detailed objection to the planning application can be found here.

You don’t have to be a member of a residents’ group to respond to the application. Decide what’s important to you and object, approve, or just comment on the planning website.


Previous posts under category: Hornsey Town Hall

One Comment

  1. richard downes

    Appreciate the post Mark. The arguments are pretty consistent with what we have been saying about the development in Shepherds Hill. Haringey does not seem to want to put a value on conservation. Crouch Enders think they have something value to protect but seem to be ridden roughshod over.


Leave your thought